D-Prize Distribution Equals Development Challenge for Aspiring Entrepreneurs Worldwide 2022
Millions living in poverty lack access to basic products + services. Can you help solve this problem? Apply to win up to $20K to launch a new social venture helping those in need.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet we have found many proven interventions with large delivery gaps. Millions of people still don’t have access to basic poverty-fighting tools.
Can you design a new business or NGO that delivers a proven poverty intervention at scale? Submit your design for a new organization that solves one of our Distribution Challenges below. We will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch their new organization wherever extreme poverty exists.
- Health Access
- Self-injectable Contraceptive Challenge
- Oxygen Challenge
- Patient Identification Challenge
- Maternal Health Challenge
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Challenge
- Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission Challenge
- Child Immunization Challenge
- Sugar Daddy Awareness Challenge
- Clean Access to Water challenge
- Teaching at the Right Level challenge
- Quality Inputs challenge
- Post-harvest Support challenge
- Propose your own Agriculture challenge
- Propose your own Livestock challenge
- Poverty Graduation challenge
- Propose your own financial inclusion challenge
- Solar lamp
- Public Services
- Government transparency challenge
- Road safety challenge
- Propose Your Own Challenge: D-Prize is specifically interested in distributing proven poverty interventions to those in need. If you know of a highly-effective intervention that is backed by credible evidence, they want to hear what it is and see your plan to increase its distribution.
D-Prize expands access to poverty-alleviation interventions in the developing world. Many solutions to poverty already exist. The challenge is distributing these solutions to the people who need it most. Our programs produce new “distribution entrepreneurs” – social entrepreneurs who start new ventures that distribute proven life-enhancing technologies to millions of people living in extreme poverty… read more
D-Prize Distribution Challenge
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- Application DeadlineJune 26, 2022
Aim and Benefits of D-Prize Distribution Challenge
- The D-Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization wherever extreme poverty exists, with a goal to serve millions in the years ahead.
Requirements for D-Prize Distribution Challenge Qualification
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of their awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if you are distributing an existing intervention and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
- Organizers are only able to evaluate applications submitted in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. They only want to understand your idea.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for D-Prize Distribution Challenge
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- The Global Competition launches on April 4, 2022.
- Early Submission Deadline is May 15, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline is June 5, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline is June 26, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time). Register for an extension.
June 26, 2022
How to Apply
- Prepare your concept note and resume(s), and clearly name your files.
- Concept notes and resumes can be separate documents. Files must be PDF and are limited to a size of 4MB each.
- Proposals must be written in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. We only want to understand your idea.
- Input your contact details and upload your documents to www.d-prize.org/submit
For more details, visit D-Prize website