10 SUCCESSFUL CANADA ADMISSION TIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
10 SUCCESSFUL CANADA ADMISSION TIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. CLICK NOW
Are you an international student planning to study outside the country? Are you interested in studying abroad? These are successful tips to get admission in Canada as an international student. Here are the tips:
- Ø DETERMINATION: The first thing is to determine the program you want to study outside your country. It may be the first degree, master's, or Ph.D.
- Ø FIND INSTITUTES: Look for the institutes that offer the program you are interested in. For those interested in studying in Canada, you can check these websites: www.educanada.ca or www.unistudy.ca to search for the institute that offers your program. You can also check edutv.com.ng/scholarship for more on scholarships.
- Ø CHECK DLI LIST: Check if the institute of your choice is under the DLI list. DLI means Designated Learning Institution, some institutes under this page are eligible for postgraduate work permits. It is through DLI you will be given an acceptance letter which makes you eligible to enter the country Canada.
- Ø CHECK PGWP ELIGIBILITY STATUS: Find out online if the institute of your choice is eligible for PGWP which means Post Graduate Work Permit. PGWP is what will allow you as a student to work after studying in Canada for a year or more.
- Ø ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: The admission requirement is very important, this will enable you to know what it takes to study the program you are interested in. Each university or college has different admission requirements and also each program has its requirements too.
- Ø APPLICATION DEADLINE: After knowing the requirements, the next thing is the deadline of the program and that of the institute. Some institutes have different deadlines for the programs they offer while some are the same (no different deadlines).
- Ø APPLY: Applying is the next tip. In Canada, each institution has a different application fee which all international students must pay between $100-150.
- Ø ACCEPTANCE LETTER: After applying to the institution of your choice, you have to wait for your acceptance letter. For Colleges, it takes a month while for Universities it varies from 2-3months. To be on the safer side I will advise you to apply to 2 universities because if one did not work the other one will work.
- Ø VISA APPLICATION: The last thing is you apply for your visa once your acceptance letter is ready. To apply for the visa that means your international passport must be available. Do the needful which are tuberculosis test, police clearance, etc.
EDUTV NIGERIA WISHES YOU ALL THE BEST!!!